The purpose of these student courses is to teach students to recognize first aid and cardiac emergencies and take action. Students learn how to give appropriate care for different first aid emergencies and how to perform hands-only CPR.
- First Aid for Students
- CPR for Students
- First Aid and CPR for Students.
- Before Giving Care and Checking an Injured or Ill Person
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Injuries to Muscles, Bones and Joints
- Hands-Only CPR
Before Giving Care and Checking an Injured or Ill Person
- Recognize an emergency and prioritize care for injuries and sudden illnesses.
- Identify the difference between (expressed) consent and implied consent.
- Identify how to reduce the risk of disease transmission when giving care.
- Explain how to activate and work with the emergency medical services (EMS) system.
- Describe the purpose of Good Samaritan laws.
- Explain when to move an injured or ill person from a dangerous scene.
- Check a conscious person for life-threatening and non-life-threatening conditions.
- Identify signals of shock and help minimize its effects.
- Check an unconscious person for life-threatening conditions.
- Identify signals of and how to care for various soft tissue and skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding.
- Identify signals of and explain how to care for head, neck and spinal injuries.
- Explain how to care for muscle, bone or joint injuries.
Classes are free to students/schools.
Classes are limited, please have your school representative contact our office for class schedules and availability 323-378-2009.